Academic Resource Centersp. The Academic Resource Centers are an excellent way for students to receive free, walk-in tutoring for many subjects offered at West Virginia University. The subjects offered include Math, Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Physics, Statistics, General Engineering, Chinese and others available upon request. The first day of tutoring for the fall 2014 semester will be Monday, August 25th, 2014. Click here for the detailed schedule h3. Fall 2014 Tutoring Schedule: Fall 2014 Tutor Detail Schedule
The Fieldcrest ARC will be open and operational beginning Sunday, September 7th
The Up All Night ARC will be open and operational beginning Friday, September 5th.
Hours of Operation
All Academic Resource Centers will open Monday, August 25th. We are closed for Labor Day Weekend 2014 and will reopen Tuesday 9/2/14. Please follow us on Twitter @WVU_ARC for the most up to date information
|Downtown Library||Sunday-Thursday||6:00 – 9:30 P.M.|
|Brooke Tower||Sunday-Thursday||6:00 – 9:30 P.M.|
|WVUp All Night
|Friday-Saturday (closed on Saturdays of home football games)||6:00 – 9:30 P.M.|
|Fieldcrest Hall||Sunday||5:00 – 9:00 P.M.|
Where else can I get help with my coursework?
Many offices and departments also offer tutoring and academic help. Follow the links below for more information.
- The Mountaineer Academic Program is a fee-for-service academic enhancement program that meets the needs of, provides support for, and promotes the retention of undergraduate students with disabilities.
- The Business Learning Resource Center provides tutoring in business related subject areas (e.g., Accounting, Economics, Finance, MIS, Statistics)
- The Chemistry Learning Center is a free tutorial service offered to students taking General Chemistry courses.
- The Honors Learning Center (HLC) is open to all students every Tuesday & Thursday from 8:00 – 10:00 p.m. in the 2nd and 4th floor study lounges, and Sunday evenings from 8:00 – 10:00 p.m. in the Multipurpose/Media Room of Honors Hall. HLC tutors are available in Summit Hall for study hours every Thursday evening.
- The Math Learning Center is your resource for Math success!
- The Writing Center is a peer tutoring environment whose mission is to help students become stronger writers.